SET2019 will be held at the Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre.
The 5-star, 23-storey Hotel Istana City Centre Kuala Lumpur is centrally located at Jalan Raja Chulan in Kuala Lumpur’s prestigious Golden Triangle. Renowned shopping malls such as Pavilion, Lot 10, Starhill, Suria KLCC and Changkat Bukit Bintang entertainment hub are at its doorstep. Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) and the Petronas Towers are a 10-minute walk away via the Skybridge, while the KL International Airport is an hour’s drive away. The hotel has an efficient road and rail transport, and limousine service.
Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre has 486 well-appointed guestrooms and suites with complimentary Wi-Fi (10 Mbps) throughout the hotel premises, perfect for leisure and business travelers. Other facilities include a Grand Ballroom, 19 function rooms, 5 Food and Beverage outlets, Fitness Centre, Tennis Court, Swimming Pool, Sauna and Jacuzzi.
- Language: Bahasa Melayu, English, Chinese, and Indian dialects
- Weather: Regular temperature is between 22 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (RM)
- Clothing: Casual and informal for social occasions. Office and business suits are general attire for day-to-day work. Some restaurants might require jackets and ties for men and cocktail dresses for ladies. Batik is regarded as official wear.
- Major Festivals and Holiday: Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Chinese New Year, Christmas, Deepavali, Thaipusam, Wesak Day, Hari Raya Aidiladha, Pesta Kaamatan (Harvest Festival)
- Business Hours: Government business hours are from 8:00 am to 4:15 pm (Monday to Friday). Every Friday, a lunch/prayer break is done from 12:15 pm to 2:45 pm. Meanwhile, private sector working hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday) and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Saturday). Banking hours vary from bank to bank but are generally from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday).
- International Airports: Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Langkawi International Airport in Kedah, Bayan Lepas International Airport in Penang, Kuching International Airport in Sarawak, Kota Kinabalu International Airport in Sabah. Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre location is 65 km from the airport via taxi. It only takes a 30-minute drive via KLIA Transit.
The Welcoming Reception
The Welcoming Reception of the SET2019 is on 20th August 2019 (in the evening) and it will take place at one of the city’s most popular rooftop restaurants: the award-winning SkyBar. It is located high up on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel and features a great variety of creative cocktails with the most amazing view of the Petronas Twin Towers from its cozy cabana booths.
The Gala Dinner
The Gala Dinner of the SET2019 is on 21st August 2019 (in the evening) and it will be taking place at the pillar-less Ballroom of Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre. It is one of the largest Ballroom in Kuala Lumpur. The Ballroom has a separate lobby and entrance via Jalan Nagasari.